CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Lunch Problem

Hey everyone,


It's been a very busy week with finals, but well done on making it through the week. Good luck to those of you that have more finals next week!

At the moment The SRC's first priority is the school lunch. We have heard many complaints about the quality of the school lunch from the students. 

The SRC wants to do everything to help, but there are some things we have to take into consideration. Here is what we have been discussing:
  • We can't really order for the WHOLE school from outside. It would take the restaurant a lot of time to cook 80 meals and get it to us while it's still hot. It would also take a lot of time to sort out the lunch when it arrives.
  • We have to work with the elementary school. Some things we want, they might not necessarily want eg younger kids can't have chicken with bone
  • We can do a survey. Ms Yeh has suggested that we do a survey after each meal. If the majority of us like a dish, we keep it. If the majority of us dislike it, we get rid of it.
  • It is also possible for students to order out by themselves. You are welcome to find a group of people, a restaurant and order food and have it delivered.
If you have any ideas, let us know. Feel free to leave a comment on this blog entry or talk to any of the SRC members. But do remember that we don't have much time to decide what we want to do and take action! 

10 comments:

Ray-The Game Pro....XD said...

I think the old lunch was much better, I like the old Chinese style, because It got much more variety in food.

Anonymous said...

For me, I don't think I have a choice. I would like to have one, but since I live in the dorms It would be harder for me not to order from the school. As most of you in the 10th grade know however, I tend to skip lunch entirely. I think I would be more motivated to gain sustenance during the lunch hours if the food was more appealing though. I want to say however that its not important to me if the food is Chinese or Western. What would be really awesome is if we could have food styles from all over the world. Goulash on Monday, Spanish rice with Chicken Quesadillas on Tuesday, uhh Giao Zi on Wednesday... Ok I'm out of ideas, but you get the point. It's probably a task we're not able to swallow at the moment, (you bet that pun is intended), but its all I got right now. I do want to see a change though.

Peace.

Patrick said...

I would not order from the school because the food variety is really small and we are eating the same things continuously. I would love to eat some fried chicken once in a while at least.

Victor said...

The food last year was much better!
But I wish this year we could get some: fried chicken, meatballs, and not too spicy chicken curry.

Unknown said...

I don't care too much. I am usually hungry so I complain but I still eat. I think we just have to rework the menu.

Cindy said...

I don't like the chinese style, but my biggest complaint is that most of the food is either very greasy or spicy.

Also, the fruit is not always very...fresh or ripe-looking.

I do like the vegetable sticks, though.

Somebody said...

I like the old lunch style because the curry is less watery and the fried chicken is softer.

Anonymous said...

The problem in here is obviously that we don't have a wide variety of food choice. I agree with Jacob's point. His idea of having different kind of food everyday is a nice idea. Sometimes, I feel like the food tend to be Chinese or Taiwanese. Since I am not used to the Taiwanese food culture, it's hard for me to finish my lunch sometimes.

wesley said...

that is such a good idea .!!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think the foods are either too greasy or too salty. It's hard to satisfy everyone, so how about we have an alternative meal on the side. Like if somebody doesn't like the lunch that day, they can have a peanut butter sandwich or something. I saw a jar last time when they served bread. I would rather have eaten that with the bread than with the chicken thing we had. And yeah, it would be nice to have a special food day. And can we have actual pasta? I like pasta a lot, and I would prefer if there is an occasional switch to white sauce or actually long strands of pasta instead of those shell things.. even if those shell pasta is easier to cook up. I'm just saying. And more choices to salad dressings? Like caesar or thousand island dressing... I also think that Ms.Yeh's idea with the survey is a great idea. We should get started with those. It would be like: rate today's lunch out of 5! or 10.